The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

BodyWorlds II

Last night, because I have the best wife in the world, I got to go see Bodyworlds 2 at the Ontario Science Center. Being a massage therapist, it was a phenomenal display of anatomy and the human body. Seeing how we're put together is at once a humbling and awe-inspiring experience.

One of the displays was a gentleman who had hexadactyly. For those of you not up on the geeky medical terms, that means that this person had six fingers and six toes on each appendage. Go go Gadget limbs! It was neat to see "flawed" genetics for all to check out. You know, if there was a God, he'd be a goof. "Perfect" people have five fingers and toes. Well I'm sorry, but some people even have tails, which means I don't have to drone on about the plantaris muscle or other boring-ass crap that's only interesting to a geek like me. There are no gods kicking around in the space above our heads, just us on this little blue/green marble.

If you get the chance to see Bodyworlds I, II, or III, do yourself a favor and check it out. You won't be sorry.

0 Barbaric Yawps:

Post a Comment

<< Home