The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Mommy T, Unwelcome Titties, and Brit's Cooch.

I apologize to the people out there who have been jonesing for a Heathen bitch session, but life got in the way the last couple days and it's been pretty slow in the news. That being said, I did find this article about Albanian Muslims getting their turbans in a knot (aren't they already?) over a proposed statue of Mother Theresa.

Albania is approximately 70% Muslim and the rest is Christian, but religion was actually banned there for 27 years. Mixed marriages are common and faith is rarely something that is brought up. Now, however, the proposed statue is getting some Islamic backs up because the location is on public land. "If there must be a statue, let it be in a Catholic space", was the quote from Muslim religious leader, Bashkim Bajraktari.

Yeah, no religious statues or monuments on public land. I totally agree. I did find this book that talks about the Islamic monuments in Albania which would seem to suggest that it's just the majority there not allowing a minority to express their beliefs and/or remember their heros in public, but what do I know? I'm surprised I'm allowed out of the house unsupervised most days. I'm telling ya, when religious superstitious nonsense gets into governments, it's never a good thing. Ever. Of course, "Mother" Theresa is not one of my favorite people and has been taken apart by a couple of writers, most notably Christopher Hitchens.

Now, switching gears radically, I have to mention two quick entertainment things. Basic Instinct 2 opened recently and I'm in absolute shock that something that literally made me cringe with ickiness got green-lit for a sequel. I mean the first movie was a showcase for Sharon Stone's tits and by the fifth time she whipped them out, you could actually hear the audience's collective moan saying, "oh man...again?!" You know as an actress that you've worn out your screen welcome when you undress and the men in the crowd all yawn and reach their moistened index fingers for the cheese-dip indent in the nacho tray.

Yes, the quick pussy-glimpse was new back then, but it's been so parodied now that there's not even any point in trying to relive it. Let it go, Sharon. Seriously, unless you've grown a huge '70s bush and are planning on having Verne Troyer stick his head out and flip everyone off, keep your 48 year-old Laurence of a Labia in your pants.

And then there's this. It's called "The Birth of Sean Preston" and I'm sure you've all seen it by now. It is supposed to be Britney in the act of squeezing Mini-Fed out her "not a girl, not yet a woman" orifice. I'm curious as to why no one is showing the other side of the statue - they say that you can see Mini-Fed's head "crowning", but I'm assuming that just means you can see the shaped bill of his trucker-hat poking out.

I long for the days when all women can have the natural child-birth experience of being planted doggie-style on a bear-skin rug to make dropping a kid off a little more pleasant. Then you can hire nannies to look after the little cabbage while you go out and laugh at midgets you hired to bring the cake to your greasy useless husband on his birthday.

I have to go drink several beer and mourn the state of our species. I'll be back tomorrow.

2 Barbaric Yawps:

At 31/3/06 10:57 pm, Anonymous Paul said...

See, if it wasn't for them durned blog carnival thingies, I would have never found your most excellent blog. Three cheers for the concept of community.

 
At 1/4/06 10:53 am, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Hey, thanks man. I always enjoy hearing that people are reading my stuff - even more so when they like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home