The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

"The Only Winning Move is Not to Play"

A letter was sent to President Bush from 13 physicists regarding his non-denial of the possibility of nuclear weapons being used pre-emptively against Iran. You might want to re-read that sentence just to clear up the "pre-emptive nuclear strike" bit that's rolling around in your head like it is mine.

So many people and comics have made so much fun of Bush and how much of a retarded chimp he is, but sometimes I think we forget that the United States and, by default, Bush, has the most nuclear weapons of any nation on the planet. Seems to me that Bush has an itchy hand and the red phone might be just the thing to scratch it. Doubt me? Ask anyone in a country with a name that ends in "-stan" and see how fuckin' scared they are. Shit, if all I had was a cave and a towel to wrap my head in and wipe my ass with, some wannabe-Texan badass with, "around 9,960 intact warheads, of which 5,735 are considered active or operational" (from Wikipedia), would scare the United Nations rice rations right out of my clenched browneye.

It's also weird to think that this administration has not answered Scott Ritter's claims that Iran is far away from being able to enrich uranium properly for weapons grade material, or that Iran is actually allowed to do everything it's claiming to be doing under the non-proliferation treaty. (You know, if me from 10 years ago read what I just wrote, my youthful head would melt...just like the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark) You would think someone in the White House Press Corp would bring that up....

Now, all this is not to say that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad isn't fuckin' off-his-banana-suckin'-monkey insane. Read any of my previous posts about that aura-seeing freak of nature and you'll be up to speed. The thing is, North Korea has nuclear weapons, and Kim Jong Il is just a naked midget and a double-D implant away from a Seymore Butts birthday party - crazy, man!

All this nuclear talk and physics has now made me tired and scared. I'm off to shudder in my oversized bathtub, alone and buzzed on cheap beer. 'Cause, you know, if you're gonna die in a global thermo-nuclear war, that's the way to do it.

2 Barbaric Yawps:

At 20/4/06 6:06 pm, Blogger Melissa said...

Love the Wargames quotation.

 
At 20/4/06 8:54 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Thanks, baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home