The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Grumpy, Sleepy, Dopey, Armand, Luis, and Angel

I was reading the Toronto Star today and came across the funniest story I've read in weeks. It seems a judge in the Philippines is asking if he could have his job back after being fired.

Why was he fired, BHM?

Great question. Glad you asked. He was fired because he claimed he could see into the future and that he, and this is the best part, admitted to "consulting imaginary mystic dwarfs - named Armand, Luis and Angel..." They apparently, "helped him carry out healing sessions during breaks in his chambers."

I have to say that I'm actually having trouble typing due to my fits of giggling. An imaginary mystic dwarf named Armand - I mean, come on...that's some top shelf insanity. And the guy was a fuckin' judge! Who CAN'T be a judge in the Philippines?

Just as a topper, the guy was fired after a three-year investigation found that he was incompetent. That's right, it took three years to figure out that this lunatic consulted with mystic invisible dwarves.

I realize that there's other news that I should, by rights, be commenting on (Pope Fella has excommunicated a couple bishops in China, David Blaine is doing another inane stunt, and some retarded woman was guilted into giving $80,000 to a church). Sorry, but I just can't get past the dwarves today.

I'll get back to my regularly scheduled bitching and moaning tomorrow. Enjoy your night.

2 Barbaric Yawps:

At 5/5/06 5:14 pm, Blogger The Preacher said...

The reason he was fired wasn't because he claimed to be consulting with mystical dwarves. I assume it's because these 'dwarves' were actually vampires in disguise.

Armand
A vampire featured in Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles series.

Luis
Yet another vampire featured in Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles series.

Angel
A vampire from the popular TV series Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Amusing that it took three years though to fire him. These judges must have an amazing union.

 
At 5/5/06 6:05 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Vampires! How could I have missed that?! Good call - and yes, I can't even imagine the union those dude have. Make Hoffa look like Ryan Seacrest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home