The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Seventh Day Adventists, Seven Seals, Branch Davidians, and Three is a Magic Number

Oh those wacky Seventh Day Adventists. I got home the other day and found this little pseduo-magazine tucked into our front door.
Messengers of Light Freaks
I guess they're low on members or something. I read through the 30 page leaflet (ok, I skimmed - it's painful reading) and this was my favorite quote, bolded so you won't miss it:
Stupid Quote
Isn't that great? It's on page 25, in case you were going to pop over to your local SDA church place and pick one up. You may also, however, want to check page 9 where there are "Quick Facts on the Judgement" containing this jewel:
"God Himself is vindicated in the judgement for His perfect mercy, fairness and justice towards all."

Um, anyone else see a bit of a contradiction there? You can think about "God's" message, get it into your head and roll it around to see if it makes sense at all, then reject it - and BOY are you fucked in the long run! Whoo whee! You are screwed! But "God" loves you and is fair in all his dealings with you, regardless of your beliefs or feelings. What kind of schizo is your invisible man in the sky?

I could never be an SDA person because of the fact(s), namely they hate gays - well, obviously; they don't drink (strike two); and they think "creation science" solves millions of years of evolutionary evidence. Gatdamn, I'd rather punch myself in the face for a year and a half than spend a minute in the presence of SDA weirdos in my home.

I'm stupid tired and am going to bed; just wanted to bitch a minute about religion as I didn't get a chance yesterday. Ciao.

8 Barbaric Yawps:

At 30/7/06 10:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first step in my freedom from the religeous wackyness I had been brought up in was reading a statement like that and thinking "that just doesn't make any damn sense", followed by "Why would god let his only son be killed to pay for our sins? Who's he paying? God? And Jesus IS god? That doesn't make any sense either!" Followed by the real epiphany - If that is what God is like, then he's a nutcase and I refuse to follow him anyway. Later came the realization that heaven and hell were just made up to keep us in line, and I didn't have to worry about them either. Life has been good ever since. Who needs all that crap cluttering up your mind?

Keep up the good work, Dude...

 
At 30/7/06 11:18 pm, Anonymous ATM said...

Well said Anonymous.

 
At 30/7/06 11:22 pm, Anonymous modusoperandi said...

The only bit that scares me is the concept of getting to the afterlife and finding a twitchy old curmudgeon sitting on the golden throne.

Picture a cross (pun!) between your grumpy neighbour and Ol' Dirty Bastard, but with infinite power.

(shudder)

I think I'll stick with atheism.

 
At 31/7/06 2:04 pm, Blogger Mojoey said...

Don't forget reason 4, limited medial treatment and reason 5, no celebration of holidays.

Also – the Catholics have the whole unforgivable sin thing working for them too. To know Christ and deny him is unforgivable.

 
At 1/8/06 3:47 pm, Anonymous modusoperandi said...

...is that a biblical "know"?

 
At 1/8/06 9:53 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

My Creator Ex-Boyfriend. Isn't that a movie out now?

 
At 28/4/09 6:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it offense and clearly ignorant that you group the whole sda community in your objections

your accusations are false and unfounded to a great extent.

show me proof from the bible or egw that we believe or have the traits that you have mentioned?

 
At 29/4/09 12:23 am, Blogger Heathen Mike said...

Your proof can be found in my most recent post (April 29, 2009).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home