The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm Back And Nothing's Changed

So after a week in the wilderness, I am back from being completely out of touch with any form of media. Having no news for a length of time really puts in perspective what is important, or, more correctly, how little some events effect us personally. That's not to say world events aren't important and that we should ignore them, but when it gets down to it, most of them have little to no ripple on my life. I like that.

I spent my week fishing. Here I am with four smallmouth bass on the dock of the cottage.
Mike w Four Smallmouth Bass

It's a nice place; for those of you who know Canadian geography, you go from Toronto to Sudbury and then keep driving north for five more hours. The mornings are amazing - here's another pic of the island across from the cottage at about 8:30 in the morning just after I went for a swim.
Coffee in the morning
Nice, eh?

So we'd get up and have some coffee and then fish for the day or just do fixer'upper projects. Got a nice tan and caught a lot of fish. I even learned how to fillet them on the dock. Feelin' pretty Grizzly Adams.

But, as I said, I'm back and I find out that Israel has bent Lebanon over the proverbial couch and is about to fuck it in the sandy a-hole (surprise) and that officials in London (with the help of Pakistan) have foiled a plot by - who else? - Islamic fundamentalists to blow up 10 trans-Atlantic flights.

It's only because I have to work today that they are not feeling the sting. They shall in the days to come, but right now I have to make some soup and crackers for my lunch. See, hardly effects me at all....

3 Barbaric Yawps:

At 14/8/06 10:04 pm, Anonymous ATM said...

On your first photo there is a slight fog-like thing under your hand at the bottom of the picture. That's just a ghost, right?

 
At 15/8/06 2:12 pm, Anonymous ATM said...

By the way, I just wanted to say how glad I am that you included the Bad Astronomer in your friendly blogs. Now all my favorite blogs can be accessed from one great site! Thank you!

 
At 15/8/06 8:24 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

That's my pet ghost, Sagan. He follows me everywhere. I'm glad all your fave sites are here now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home