The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Molestation? That's a Paddlin'.

I'm driving to work this morning, it's a beautiful day. Sun is shining and the wind isn't too hot - basically it's wonderful. I'm also, as is my daily habit, listening to CBC radio - today there was a bit on the news about a priest who had abused a bunch of kids that had a punishment suggested for him: defrocking, aka laicization.

The church was a bit hesitant to do that because, in their words, "Laicization is only for the most serious offences."

Well la-di-da. I suppose just plain ol' molestation is pretty old hat for those fuckers by now. If the priest had flayed the boy, jerked off on his pile of face-skin, ate his left quadricep in a stew, and then raped the skinless anus, THAT would most likely be grounds for immediate defrocking. As it stands, however, with just the molestation, not so much.

And you wonder why I'm a damn atheist...

7 Barbaric Yawps:

At 19/8/06 4:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and me Mike; and er, there is just this other little thing: molesting children is in fact AGAINST THE LAW.......does anyone else notice this itsy-bitsy thing? i know it don't really matter, I mean, they are only children, and these are the most important men in the world, or should I say, universe, and that is, priests, the thou-shalt-not-question group, and who are children to expect any justice when pitted against a full grown priest? I mean, wow, who expects a little thing like the Law to be involved? how silly of me to even think it...

 
At 19/8/06 8:04 am, Anonymous Sean Kehoe said...

Maybe they're going to revise their interpretation of "suffer little children" to allow him to remain in the priesthood?

I'd say let him stay in the church. Just make sure that his parish is the sex offenders wing of a prison.

 
At 19/8/06 8:05 am, Anonymous Sean Kehoe said...

(Nice Simpsons reference by the way)

 
At 19/8/06 5:52 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Thanks, bro. Pissed me off to no end when that story came on the radio. I realize I'm (pardon the phrase) preaching to the choir on my site, but it's still nice to get it off my chest.

 
At 20/8/06 5:02 am, Anonymous Sean Kehoe said...

Oh yeah, I meant to ask. Probably a silly question but was he a Catholic priest? If so, it's understandable that they don't know whether or not to kick him out.

Catholicism is the "Do whatever you want, just say sorry afterwards" religion. As long as the priest is really, really sorry then they're probably required to say "Oh well, Jesus forgives all. Can you go look after the Sunday school?"

 
At 20/8/06 5:15 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Exactly. Yeah, he was a Catholic. Like Bill Hicks said, Catholicism has, "the most ludicrous beliefs...these vampire priests get a hold of these kids and sink their twin fangs of guilt and shame into them and suck their joy of life out of them for the rest of their fucking existence."

It's too bad Hicks believed in psychic stuff and a "personal God", otherwise he'd be truly the best ever.

 
At 21/8/06 2:42 pm, Anonymous Sean Kehoe said...

I finally got around to borrowing a Bill Hicks DVD from someone a few weeks ago - wish I'd discovered him earlier. Jimmi Hendrix and Tiffany, blimey that's an twisted but funny mind at work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home