The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Bad News

I'm very sad to report that Sean from the great site God is for Suckers has died. I enjoyed reading his posts and always found him to be quick-witted and a very good writer. Please go over there and read the In Memoriam post - it's well worth it, he seemed like a great guy who will be missed by many including me.

I think the Crash Test Dummies provide apt lyrics for the moment:

At My Funeral

I'm still young, but I know my days are numbered
1234567 and so on,
But a time will come when these numbers have all ended
And all I've ever seen will be forgotten.

Won't you come
To my funeral when my days are done?
Life's not long
And so I hope when I am finally dead and gone
That you'll gather round when I am lowered into the ground.

When my coffin is sealed and I'm safely 6 feet under,
Perhaps my friends will see fit then to judge me.
Oh when they pause to consider all my blunders
I hope they won't be too quick to begrudge me.

Won't you come
To my funeral when my days are done.
Life's not long
And so I hope when I am finally dead and gone
That you'll gather round when I am lowered into the ground.

If I should die before I wake up,
I pray that the Lord my soul will take but
My body, my body - that's your job.

Well I can't be sure where I'm headed after death;
To heaven, hell, or beyond to that Great Vast.
But if I can I would like to meet my Maker
There's one or two things I'd sure like to ask.

Won't you come
To my funeral when my days are done?
Life's not long,
And so I hope when I am finally dead and gone,
That you'll gather round when I am lowered into the ground.

3 Barbaric Yawps:

At 9/10/06 9:09 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Don't bother leaving any comments about the "praying" for the "lord" to take the "soul"...I know. I didn't write the song, I just thought the rest was nice.

 
At 10/10/06 12:12 pm, Blogger Stardust1954 said...

mike - that song was very fitting. If there was a heaven, Sean would be there before all these self-righteous xian assholes and I am sure he would be asking this gawd all kinds of questions. But we have his memory, and we will carry on with his GifS website as he would have wanted us to do. He will never be forgotten. Thanks for putting up a post. It's appreciated and Sean would be pleased to know he is missed so much.

 
At 10/10/06 5:26 pm, Anonymous Sean Kehoe said...

Sorry to hear mate. He'll be missed.

Heh heh, I'd be happy to give up atheism if he Sean would reappear in a ball of light in every church and say "Lads, you got it all wrong about God and he's pissed off."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home