The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

William the Conquor'd - Hit 'n Run by an Atheist in a Mini-Van

Holy Christ fuck a donkey.

I happened across the Possum Momma site from somewhere - apologies as I've forgotten where - and I was struck by a couple of things:
1. It's a great site.
2. Her kid seems way cool.
3. There's a baptist minister named William who has taken it upon himself to be a giant douchebag and force sillyass religious nonsense on the site owner and her daughter because they are, well, let's just say that they're not baptist.

This is one of his comments from a recent post responding to a person named "Karcas":
William said...
Karcas, I think atheists have the lowest divorce rate because atheist marriages are easier than trying to live a holy marriage blessed by God. Married Christians have to work hard and sacrifice to meet the requirements set by God for marriage. Atheists can have affairs and it doesn't matter because there is nothing requiring them to be faithful. Atheists can demand little or nothing of their spouse so there is less conflict. It's the easy way out and where life is easy one will find Satan. Satan paves the road of ease. God paves the holier way with troubles that have to be overcome.

Yeah, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor too. The stupidity of this person is difficult to fathom, but I'll do my best to just point out a couple of the decipherable lunacies.

"...atheist marriages are easier than trying to live a holy marriage blessed by God" - Wow. Really? But you guys have a book to guide you. It even says that the man is the head of the household like God is the head of the church. I guess trying to keep those wimmenfolk submissive can get to be a bit of a chore, eh? Leads to 'em leavin' and gettin' all book learned.

"Atheists can have affairs and it doesn't matter because there is nothing requiring them to be faithful" - This is possibly the most retarded thing I've ever heard someone say. Like, no joke. I have worked with multiply handicapped people in the past for about eleven years and I don't think, interspersed with drooling and public masturbation, that I've ever heard one of the residents utter something that fucking stupid.

How about respect for the person you are married to, Asshole? How about, at a very very base level, if I had an affair, my wife would slice my balls off whilst I slept? Self-preservation is a very strong urge, friend.

Am I to assume that William, the good baptist minister, would, if he was shown to be horribly wrong and convinced that he had wasted his life on a non-existant sky-daddy, cheat and lie and steal? Well, to paraphrase Michael Shermer:
If you admit that in the absence of God you would kill, rape and steal, you out yourself as an immoral person and we would do well to steer a wide course around you. If, on the other hand, you admit that you would continue to be a nice, law-abiding person in the absence of divine surveillance, you have fatally undermined your claim that God is necessary to be good.

I hate to use Q.E.D., but somehow, in this instance, it fits.

"Atheists can demand little or nothing of their spouse so there is less conflict" - To be honest, I'm not sure what ol' Willie is trying to say here. I can demand little or nothing of my wife...fuck, I don't demand anything now. I enjoy a hug at the end of the day when I get home. It's nice to have her rub my back when I'm going to sleep. The odd blowjob is rather enjoyable. Certainly nothing is demanded, however. Maybe that's a religious thing and I'm quite happy leaving demands to them and their obviously insecure relationships.

"It's the easy way out and where life is easy one will find Satan" - Psst. William. This "Satan" character you're babbling about...it's imaginary. You might as well tell me that Snuffalupagus will hose me with hand cream from Michael Jackson's sock-drawer. You make no sense and talking to people who are living in a rational world about your make-believe buddies and enemies just makes you look crazier.

This clown gets taken apart in the comment section of Possum Momma's posts by a wide variety of very capable atheists, agnostics, and Christians. He seems to be quite universally dispised, and for good reasons. He's a douchebag. Go check out the blog, it's certainly worth it.

2 Barbaric Yawps:

At 2/2/07 6:04 pm, Blogger King Aardvark said...

Re: Satan not being real

I'm sure there is real hand cream from Michael Jackson's dresser. Ergo, your second imaginary thing quite a bit more realistic.

Anyhoo, the link was on Pharyngula and also on Brent Rasmussen's site.

 
At 2/2/07 6:05 pm, Blogger King Aardvark said...

Oh, and my wife's Christian and that whole "husband is the head of the household thing" does not seem to apply. Quite the opposite, I've observed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home