The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Close the Penn

Dammit. I really enjoyed listening to Penn Jillette's radio show. Today is Saturday and I put together a nice plate of prosciutto, capocollo, some black olives, a little asiago cheese, and some toasted ciabatta bread with garlic and rosemary infused olive oil, washed down with a nice merlot (it's brunch, after all), and I was prepared to listen to Penn and Mike chat for an hour. Little did I know that this would be the last one.

I have disagreed with Penn's opinions in the past, but that was really the lifeblood of the show - people disagreed and voiced their opinions. The discussions were generally intelligent and there was always lots of laughter, which certainly made it easy to listen to. Dennis Miller said that being with Penn always made him feel like he was next to the "world's hippest carnival barker", and I'd agree with that - at least that's how I felt as a listener.

R.I.P. - The Penn Jillette Show.

3 Barbaric Yawps:

At 3/3/07 9:17 pm, Blogger StefRobrts said...

I listed to them everyday on my way to work, and it always kept my mind off the fact I was heading to another day at my soul-crushing job. The JillJet, Monkey Tuesday, The Aristicrats interviews, The Blowdryer story, sexy Michael, Pull of the Weasel, the Rogan vs Platt debates. Ah, it was certainly worth the ride. I'm really going to miss it.

 
At 3/3/07 9:33 pm, Blogger Atheist in a mini van. said...

I let out and audible, "Awwww fuck!" when I clicked on the link and saw that this was going to be the last show. I had only recently become aware of his radio show. :(

 
At 4/3/07 8:21 pm, Anonymous Andrew said...

Damn! Saw this first here and was really hoping it was going to be some elaborate practical joke of Penn's. Like you I didn't always agree with the politics, but I'll miss his eloquent atheistic rants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home