The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Salon Smashes the Secret to Smithereens

I've bitched enough about The Secret, Oprah, and her new heights of stupidity. Over at PZ's blog, there's a great link to an article in Salon magazine that smashes The Secret and Oprah - it's quite refreshing and I believe I'll ask the Universe to make (nay, force!) you to go there and check it out. Here's a teaser quote:
...a lot of the believing they do is harmless fun -- everybody's got some kind of rabbit's foot in his pocket -- but we're not talking about rabbits' feet here, we're talking about whole, live rabbits pulled out of hats, and an audience that doesn't think it's being tricked.

See, don't you feel powerless under my Secret powers?

3 Barbaric Yawps:

At 5/3/07 4:32 pm, Blogger David said...

Just for that, I'm not going to read it.

 
At 6/3/07 2:11 am, Blogger Atheist in a mini van. said...

I'm visualizing one-meeeel-leeee-yon dollars in my backpocket.

 
At 6/3/07 10:45 am, Blogger Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

I love Oprah. She is where all of my morals and thoughts begin and end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home