The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Beat the Savior Weekend!

I'm away for the weekend, so take some time and enjoy the holiest days in the Christian calender - you know, the ones where their supposed savior was beaten like a Russian circus bear and then hung up on a wooden post for a bit, all named after a Pagan goddess who took the form of a rabbit when she came to Earth.

Man, how fucked up would you think that story was if you were just hearing it for the first time?

3 Barbaric Yawps:

At 7/4/07 3:55 AM, Blogger Atheist in a mini van. said...

Yeah...this is where I love the irony of the Christian "peace" message. Hrm... you preach peace, but you have a major holiday(s) celebrating Jesus getting the crap beat out of him.

 
At 7/4/07 8:15 AM, Blogger vjack said...

I love the idea of allowing oneself to hear something like this as if it was for the first time. I think I'm going to have to steal that idea for a post (kidding, I'll give you credit).

 
At 9/4/07 9:17 AM, Blogger King Aardvark said...

Am I the only one who thinks it's really stupid how the Christians gush over God's great sacrifice on Easter? For an omnipotent entity, a few days of beatings plus a quick death from bloodloss, followed by magically popping up alive again more or less right away sounds like a minor inconvenience. What's the big fricken deal? God should have blasted himself out of existence for our sins - that would make me impressed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home