The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm No Psychic

Well I called three of the 10 matches of last nights Ultimate Fighting Championship. I didn't get any of the more detailed stuff like how they were going to win, and I certainly didn't get that Mirko Filipovic's right foot was going to be turned around backwards in a most disturbing way when he fell in it, unconscious, after being booted in the damn head by Gabriel Gonzaga. I still wince when I think of that image.

Still, isn't 30% better than Sylvia Browne and John Edwards combined?

5 Barbaric Yawps:

At 23/4/07 8:34 am, Blogger Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

That was one hell of a kick.

 
At 23/4/07 11:13 am, Blogger ordinarygirl said...

It was a hell of a good show, other than the Arlovski/Wendrum fight.

I wish more of these were broadcast rather than PPV. I still have yet to see the St.Pierre/Serra fight and I didn't know Couture had come out of retirement.

 
At 23/4/07 10:13 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Holy crap, was it ever a kick! I agree, the Arlovski fight sucked balls; actually, other than the Cro-Cop/Gonzaga bout and the Bisping/Sinosic fight it wasn't super great. I did enjoy watching that Brit fella choke the wrestler unconscious.

And yeah, Couture came out of retirement, beat the bejesus out of Tim Sylvia for five straight rounds, took the heavyweight belt back, and now has to fight that Gonzaga monster.

By the way, love seeing a girl who likes the MMA. You too, Rev.!

 
At 24/4/07 8:51 am, Blogger ordinarygirl said...

UFC is new for me, but I love it.

And I do loves me some boxing. One of these days I'm going to get around to posting that article about Vic Darchinyan, spider of the ring.

 
At 25/4/07 2:53 pm, Blogger Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

Spike TV... I mean UFC tv is great!


They've got a UFC show of some sort on almost every night now and more are coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home