The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Trading Osama for a Band-Aid

I'm not usually a political blogger but I was thinking the other day about how not-serious the U.S. government is about catching Osama bin Laden. I mean, think about it...if they were truly serious, all they'd have to do is completely pull out of Iraq and write a nicely worded letter to all the governments in the world - sort of a "letter to the editor". The letter would say something like this:
Dear world leaders and tribal elders: We, the United States, would like to capture and put on trial Osama bin Laden, the purported mastermind behind the attacks of September 11, 2001 and other horrible acts of terror around the world. We will, if you capture him and let us take him for a fair trial, set up a health care system in your country for your population. Seriously. We will fund a bitchin' health care system to keep your inhabitants supplied with medicine and vaccines and doctors for at least 20 years. How 'bout that?
I think that'd make it worthwhile and you'd see Osama shitting in his little genie suit while the farmers and mothers with sick kids start closing in to grab his six-foot diabetic ass and take it to the nearest soldier wearing desert camo.

Seems so simple. Maybe I'm a retard and don't understand the complexities of foreign policy.

P.S. - my computer is possessed by demons and I need a new monitor so I'm relegated to posting from work and the library, hence it'll be a bit light for the next few days.

4 Barbaric Yawps:

At 22/5/07 5:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, Mike, isn't Osama probably hiding among the same people who turned down polio vaccinations as an alleged plot by the USA?

Check out: http://www.guardian.co.uk/pakistan/Story/0,,2013369,00.html

I think you underestimate the insanity of some of the world.

 
At 22/5/07 5:54 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Point completely conceeded. Insanity underestimated. Probably by a HUGE margin.

Thanks.

 
At 22/5/07 11:00 pm, Anonymous Melissa said...

I promise all I did was hit "see more photos" before your computer did weird things!!! :-O

 
At 23/5/07 8:56 pm, Anonymous Tina said...

Only if they promise to not have any McDonalds in the country. And maybe throw in a chocolate cake, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home