The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Patton Oswalt is a Laugh-Filled Pile of Blown-Out Nose Hair

I love stand-up comedy. Love it. Like, if it's good, I can listen to it over and over again like a great rock song. The routines of amazing comics I can recite like song lyrics with all the pauses and emphasis in the right spot, I drop them into casual conversation to get laughs because they're by people no one's heard of (unfairly), then I tell the person where that joke came from and tell them to go buy the CD. I can't tell you how often I've advised someone to go get the Robert Schimmel disc If you buy this cd I can get this car or Louis CK's One Night Stand or Shameless. I love it and I can't get enough.

That's why I'm so happy that Patton Oswalt got the lead voice role in the new Pixar movie, Ratatouille. I love Patton's comedy - his Feelin' Kinda Patton and No Reason to Complain discs are *hilarious* and I highly recommend each. If you only know him from King of Queens, it's sorta like only knowing Bob Sagat from America's Funniest Home Videos or Full House.

Get to know your comics. They'll enrich your life. Buy Patton's new CD, Werewolves and Lollipops, today - or buy it at Amazon here. You won't be sorry. Oh, and check out a good interview with Patton about Ratatouille by the A/V Club here.

0 Barbaric Yawps:

Post a Comment

<< Home