The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Dropping the "A"

I was reading over at PZ's and he has this link talking about the Baptists for Brownback's victory in getting him to put that scarlet letter "A" on his blog - the same one I chose to put on mine over there on the right.

What a bunch of assholes. I had to fisk the hell out of Brownback back in June for all the retarded religious bullshit he was peddling - the "clarification" he issued after he raised his hand indicating he didn't "believe" in evolution. It's sort of like not "believing" in gravity, 'cause, it's only a theory, don't 'cha know.

These Baptist jerkoffs are of the same ilk - ignorant and dismissive of any type of logic and reason. It's only sad that their leanings towards education include staying entirely away from anything that disagrees with their distorted and horribly wrong/unsupported views of the world.

With this in mind, I am going to be removing the scarlet "A" from my site - and moving it to the bottom of the page. That way, if any of the god-love-filled christians happen upon my site and don't get the point of it from all my profanity-laden tirades against religion and retardedness, they'll find out they've been had as the page-footer approaches. Suckers!

What a bunch of assholes.

9 Barbaric Yawps:

At 5/8/07 12:18 pm, Anonymous Lily said...

I was under the impression that the site was satirical (very, very satirical). Maybe I'm wrong...

 
At 5/8/07 12:26 pm, Blogger Hans Derycke said...

There's a 6x5 gif at the bottom of each page: http://stats.wordpress.com/g.gif

The theme used for the page is called "contempt"

These are, of course, just things that make you go "hmm..."

 
At 5/8/07 1:14 pm, Blogger Mrs. T.D. Gaines-Crockett said...

Dear Mike,

Your contempt for things decent and Holy exposes you as a spawn of Satan and for that I rebuke you and every seed you spill creating a life going forward ten generations. God hates your sins almost as much as I do. Amost.

YIC,

Mrs. T.D. Gaines-Crockett
Christian, Republican, Biblical Authoritarian

 
At 5/8/07 2:38 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Yeah, you guys are right, I think. I looked more closely (which I should have initially, in all honesty) and I think it's satire as well. Plus the above little rant strikes me as more hilarious than true expression of anger.

*sigh* As another site said, it's just sad that this over-the-top stuff can actually be mistaken for the real thing. That's what makes it both great and scary.

Thanks "Mrs. Gaines-Crockett"! ;)

 
At 6/8/07 12:25 pm, Anonymous Melissa G said...

Poe's Law-- "Without the use of a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to make a parody of fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing."

 
At 6/8/07 1:37 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

I am in total agreement with Poe's Law. Total.

 
At 6/8/07 6:28 pm, Anonymous Chaoswes said...

Look at gaines-crockett's blog profile. Then look at the website listed by their name. Same dude that does Jesus's General.

 
At 6/8/07 9:25 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Exactly. That's how I finally knew for sure.

"Her" comment over on PZ's site links back to Baptists for Brownback though, so I'm wondering if they're trying to only let certain folks in on the joke, which is why I was fairly vague in my follow-up post.

 
At 12/8/07 9:54 pm, Blogger Tommy said...

I coined a term for the bs that Brownback peddles, "Brownbacking"!

It's also a subtle play on another term which y'all can probably figure out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home