The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday Grammar Lesson

to: preposition; begins prepositional phrase or an infinitive as in, "I'm going to the store", or "He helped to write the term paper."

too: adverb; in addition, also as in, "I'm going to the store too."; in excess as in, "Your music is too loud."

two: the spelled version of the number 2; the third number in a sequence with zero beginning and one coming next.

If I see one more person write, "I have to much to do today", I'm going to freak out. It's not hard people - most of us only write one language, let's try to at least have passable competency in it.

Thank you and we now return you to your regular programming.

8 Barbaric Yawps:

At 17/10/07 12:49 pm, Blogger King Aardvark said...

I have two much too do today.

 
At 17/10/07 1:45 pm, Blogger DiVerL said...

Their going to go they're with all there grammar lessons.

It was actually hard to type this...AHHHH! That's my BIGGEST pet peeve...but alas, I've slipped two, lol!

 
At 17/10/07 2:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

diverl - your kidding! that wasn't hard two type.

 
At 17/10/07 2:34 pm, Anonymous Yojimbo said...

Mike - A hearty "hear hear" here.

 
At 17/10/07 6:00 pm, Blogger Baz said...

Next stop: the use of "loose" as a verb, e.g. "I stand too loose my ability two spell".

 
At 17/10/07 10:11 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

I think my brain just turned to yogurt from reading these comments.

 
At 18/10/07 4:16 pm, Anonymous Soitgoes said...

Don't forget two tow the line when standing on your principals.

 
At 18/10/07 6:23 pm, Blogger Jim Wright said...

Sew sorry, Mike. Engrish is two hard for me too comprehend. But, I'll try too do better twomorrow.

Chreerist, I think I just gave myself a headache.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home