The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Podcast 2

So here's the second podcast. It's about the same length as the first one so hopefully regularity will get peeps interested. I've been using Acoustica Mixcraft but my copy is (apparently) a trial version that is finished in two days. If anyone knows of a decent recorder/MP3 maker thingy, please let me know in the comments - I'll be forever grateful. Or at least until after this month.

11 Barbaric Yawps:

At 9/12/07 10:57 pm, Blogger Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

Mike try audacity, its free and pretty easy to use

 
At 10/12/07 1:40 am, Blogger Lord J-Bar said...

I agree, you need more audacity. The podcast has a different feel from your blog. I'd say you're just too soft-spoken. You need to be irreverent like you are in your writing.

Nevertheless, I think its a great idea, so keep it up!

 
At 10/12/07 1:48 am, Blogger Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

I found it very hard to express myself well while podcasting. I think it will take a while to find a place where you feel comfortable - you are putting yourself out there.
Then we could just be talking absolute crap and you could just tell us to all get fucked too ;)

Oh and I meant Audacity the program in case it was unclear.

 
At 10/12/07 2:21 am, Blogger 01 said...

Yeah, I recommend Audacity as well. It what I use for my podcast plug>

 
At 10/12/07 9:03 am, Blogger Hans Derycke said...

Doesn't Garageband have some podcasting capabilities built-in?

I'm assuming you're using a Mac, of course.

 
At 10/12/07 11:39 am, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Thanks, guys. I totally agree that I'm WAY more soft-spoken than my writing would lead you to think, so I'm going to try to be a little more natural in my speaking rather than attempting to be "radio friendly". Whatever the hell that means.

I'll try out Audacity as well, thanks for that. Sadly, I'm a PC user. When I win the lottery and have millions of dollars, I'll get all that cool shit.

 
At 10/12/07 4:19 pm, Blogger Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

Mike,

I have actually listened to the whole cast now. I don't know that you need to change your voice or speak more like you write

 
At 10/12/07 5:30 pm, Anonymous MarkusH said...

Greetings from Finland!

Great post again! Though I loved the piano on the background...

Tips? HereĀ“s mine: watch Penn Jillette. I love the way he introduces "FUCK YOU" when some diluted person is having his rant going on.

Anyway, thank you, we need more rational blogs like this. Maybe ill get this googlethingy working, so I can post some more comments... :)

 
At 10/12/07 6:23 pm, Anonymous MrBig said...

Excellent work Mike! Keep 'em coming please!

 
At 11/12/07 8:00 pm, Blogger Poodles said...

Great Podcast. Mitt is a twitt!

 
At 14/12/07 9:45 pm, Blogger Flavin said...

Another great podcast, Mike.

I'd like to propose an amendment to your coin analogy, though. To make it fit more with the anthropic principle, I think the coin flipper should keep a log of the result of every coin flip he has ever made. Then when the observer comes in and looks at the log, he or she is amazed that such an improbable sequence of Hs and Ts came up. The observer does a quick calculation of the probability and finds it to be 10^10^10^100, or something equally made up. He or she then declares the sequence of coin flips evidence that god wanted these coins to land in that sequence.

That is the anthropic principle: people looking back over a series of coincidences and deciding that events had to go the way they did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home