The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Podcast Attempt - Dennett/D'Souza Debate Commentary

Here's my first attempt at podcasting. Let me know what you think in the comments (unless all you're going to say is, "you suck" - that's not what we call "constructive criticism"). The audio is about seven and a half minutes long and is likely NSFW because of my dirty dirty mouth.

Be patient with the player and tweak the volume so it's ok for you. I'm a technotard, so this is all new.

11 Barbaric Yawps:

At 4/12/07 5:54 pm, Blogger Ralph said...

Mike,
Thanks for the podcast. I like listening instead of reading sometimes. I can rest my old eyes or wander around while I listen. If you ever do any more movie reviews this would be a good way to do it. Book reviews too for that matter. Maybe you don't get to many movies these days because of the baby.
I had no trouble at all with the player. The sound was fine. Although your vid on YouTube wasn't the best quality I have seen much worse, painfully bad in fact, so I don't really think you qualify as a technotard. So for what its worth, here's my vote for more BHM podcasts.

 
At 4/12/07 7:39 pm, Blogger Paul said...

I have never eaten a corn dog. However, that in no way changes the fact that your podcast was all kinds of awesome. The length was just about perfect, and you have a great speaking voice. An angel riding a shark shooting lasers out of her eyes might have added that little *snap* to push it over the top, but maybe that's just me.

 
At 4/12/07 8:11 pm, Anonymous djt said...

Good job Mike. Your voice is easy on the ears, unlike another podcaster that I unforunately cannot listen to because the voice is so grating. Love the piano in the background and sound of the car leaving at the end.

 
At 4/12/07 8:29 pm, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Thanks folks. Done and done. More will come.

 
At 5/12/07 12:06 pm, Blogger Severian said...

Hi,
I really enjoyed that, I didn't think Dennet did all that bad, after all D'Souza spews out so much nonsense it would be impossible to refute it and still make your points and even if you did D'Souza would just move the goal posts.

A comment on the podcast itself - I don't think you need the background music. I look forward to the next one

 
At 5/12/07 6:18 pm, Blogger Titan said...

Mike,

I enjoyed the podcast, and vote for more. Sarcasm is always best when spoken. (I agree that I was amazed with D'Souza pulled out Pascal's Wager and Aquinas. You think he could select something that hasn't been disproved for hundreds of years.)

 
At 8/12/07 9:52 am, Blogger mike d said...

good show Mike, just wondering if you plan on putting these on an rss feed? I could then just download them with my other podcasts. yep it's all about me. kidding.

 
At 8/12/07 10:19 am, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Mike, I'd completely do that if I had any idea what an "RSS feed" was. Please help me - I fear I'm out of my depth.

 
At 8/12/07 12:14 pm, Blogger mike d said...

http://www.google.com/support/feedburner/bin/answer.py?answer=79408
This is some kind of answer. I believe places like podomatic.com allow you to post podcasts for free. other than that I'm afraid I'm not much help. In any case I will still listen, and read, to your posts on your site.

 
At 8/12/07 7:01 pm, Blogger Flavin said...

Great show, Mike. It's good to have something to listen to that is not so long that I stop paying attention.

Keep making them, and I'll keep listening. I'll even try to turn some of my cohorts on to it.

 
At 9/12/07 1:20 am, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

Well that's fantastic, sir. I'll keep doing one every week (time permitting) and hopefully build up a bit of a base. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home