The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Unpardonable

From PZ via his insane letter from the lunatic Mr. Korn:
By request, here are the "unpardonable sins":

1. Deliberately ascribing the Holy Spirit's activity to demonic agency

2. Deliberately refusing the help of the Holy Spirit when it is available to save him from denying Jesus

3. Deliberately lying to or testing the Holy Spirit

4. Deliberately rejecting the witness of the Holy Spirit concerning Jesus
Ok, with respect to number one, I don't think the "Holy Spirit" or "demonic agencies" exist, so it's a moot point. If it's truly unpardonable though, then I agree.

Number two is easy, since the "Holy Spirit" doesn't exist, no one accepts help from it. Were "help" offered by some ghost thing, I'd probably refuse on principle, so that's handled as well.

Three...well, I'd lie to a "Holy Spirit" in a heartbeat, but, again, it doesn't exist. I would love to test it, but it's difficult to test shit that is imaginary.

Lastly, I'll reject the silliness of the "Holy Spirit" all day long Been there, done that, put it on YouTube (sorry for the shitty quality).

Can I go to Hell now?

2 Barbaric Yawps:

At 4/12/07 10:07 am, Anonymous JFlav said...

Three points, all about your Blasphemy Challenge video:

1. You're right. The quality was shitty. Shame, shame, shame.

2. Your voice sounds nothing like I imagined. But on that note, what's the status of the podcast you mentioned a while ago?

3. What have you got on that bookshelf behind you?

 
At 4/12/07 11:46 am, Blogger BigHeathenMike said...

1. Sorry, I'm a technotard. Expect shitty quality from everything I do ;)

2. Podcast is up now - glad you didn't forget. The player seems to suck a bit, but we'll see how it goes.

3. There's a lot on the bookshelf. Maybe I'll take a close-up pic of it so people can see what's on my reading list. That might be a cool meme to pass around....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home