The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Election In Progress

The CBC reported that estimated voter turnout today was about 50%. What the fuck is wrong with people? Thanks, you lazy, uninterested, apathetic douchebags. Way to go. Now we're stuck with Harper again - thankfully enough people turned out to (hopefully) keep him from getting the majority he desired, if we're to believe the CBC's projections.

The longer I live, the more I'm convinced that the average person on the street is a moron. Seriously, if you went to any street corner and asked just these two questions:
1. Please name four of the five federal leaders of the parties involved in the Leader's Debates.

2. We've been involved in a military conflict in Afghanistan since 2001 with approximately 100 casualties. Afghanistan has been mentioned in the news nearly every day since that time. Here is an unmarked political map of the Middle East - please label Afghanistan.
I'd be amazed if 50% of the respondents answered correctly.

Are those the 50% who vote?

5 Barbaric Yawps:

At 15/10/08 2:24 pm, Blogger alcari said...

The longer I live, the more I'm convinced that the average person on the street is a moron

Took you this long huh?

 
At 15/10/08 3:14 pm, Blogger Heathen Mike said...

Sadly, I'm only now admitting it publicly.

 
At 15/10/08 11:07 pm, Blogger Call me Paul said...

Actual voter turnout has been pegged at just over 59% of registered electors. So, not as bad as what some CBC reporter pulled out of his ass, but still the lowest voter turnout in Canadian Federal Election history.

 
At 16/10/08 12:03 am, Blogger Violette said...

I would actually be really curious to see the results if someone did go and ask those questions. Canadians are always so smug about being so much better informed than Americans, but sometimes I wonder...

 
At 19/10/08 9:28 pm, Anonymous MelissaG(FormerlyMelissaR) said...

Believe it or not, I didn't vote this time. There wasn't a single person or party that I was prepared to support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home