The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Irony Meter...Straining...She Canna Take Any More, Capt'n!

Catholic bishops now have a problem with reiki, in addition to safe sex and charitable organizations. Watch as the hilarity ensues. The Bishop's Association said:
...the therapy "lacks scientific credibility" and could expose people to "malevolent forces"...for a Catholic to believe in reiki presents "insurmountable problems".
I may die. Hearing a Catholic bishop say something is not feasible because it "lacks scientific credibility" is amazing. "Yeah, that reiki shit? Not a way in H-E-double hockey sticks, fella. But virgin birth and dude flying into the sky, I'm all over that."

Oh, and then there's this:
"A Catholic who puts his or her trust in reiki would be operating in the realm of superstition, the no man's land that is neither faith nor science. Superstition corrupts one's worship of God by turning one's religious feeling and practice in a false direction."
Oh man, I'm seriously going to have a fuckin' aneurysm if these dudes keep it up. "Operating in the realm of superstition"?! Was that a joke? That's a joke, right? Oh man, that's rich....

Oh, and if you were wondering about the mindset of the reiki practitioners and the "evidence" they present, "Reiki master Judith White" said:
Reiki balances energy in the same way as acupuncture or reflexology.
I can write no more. I have a pain in my chest, like an elephant sitting on it. My left arm tingles. My jaw hurts. I must go. The Irony-Meter on my desk looks like the clocks in Dali's The Persistence of Memory. Too good. You guys should be on a stage, man. You the real deal!

(h/t to DJ Grothe and his Facebook linking!)

3 Barbaric Yawps:

At 31/3/09 2:40 pm, Blogger Call me Paul said...

Isn't it frightening how they can say those kinds of things with a completely straight face. I'd be all, like, jaw clenched shut, pinching my nose, squeezing my eyes closed, anything to stop from laughing out loud if I tried to pull off something like that.

 
At 31/3/09 10:01 pm, Blogger King Aardvark said...

See? That's why guys like Paul, you, and me will never make any money off of these gullible people. We could never pull off the act without cracking up.

 
At 31/3/09 11:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's brilliant! Thanks for the laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home