The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stupid Science Experiment on Homeopathy!



Yeah, I know, it's lame - but it's the first attempt at a video blog (or 'vlog' as the kids say). Fun stuff and maybe more to come. We'll see.

(Edit: as per the much-more-intelligent-than-me commenter Paul, the above video should actually be making a 5X anti-drowsiness potion, not more potent alcohol. As you can see, I'm still awake at the end, so the point still stands, I'm just a moron...and we already knew that, right? Thanks, Paul.)

8 Barbaric Yawps:

At 18/3/09 10:23 pm, Blogger Call me Paul said...

Nice video. One comment. According to Homeopathy's Law of Similars, like cures like. So, diluting and succussing the alcohol isn't making more potent alcohol. What you had there was a 5X anti-drowsiness remedy. Still stupid, but if we're going to make fun of these morons, we'd best keep our understanding of their rules straight.

 
At 19/3/09 12:46 am, Blogger Heathen Mike said...

I'll edit the text to reflect that. That's what I get when I'm all hasty and shit.... Thanks.

 
At 19/3/09 9:27 am, Blogger Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

Still a frickin cool idea

 
At 19/3/09 10:22 pm, Blogger Call me Paul said...

Take a cup of coffee. Dilute it and succuss it to 20C or so, and you've got yourself that super-strong homeopathic sleeping potion you always wanted. G'head, drink up. Wait, why are you still awake?

 
At 19/3/09 10:44 pm, Blogger Heathen Mike said...

Ooo...maybe I'll do a time-lapse of that and then drink the 'potion' and talk about how retarded homeopathy is for 20 minutes to show that I'm not asleep.

Wait, how does a homeopathic suicide work, really? Do you make a dilution of something that makes you 'super alive'?

 
At 20/3/09 1:11 am, Blogger Trebetheric said...

Speaking of retarded experiments, this needs a double blind protocol. Ten random dudes with blistering hangovers - Five get a sugar pill (no fluids!) and five get ten shots of the 5X homeopathic J├Ągermeister. I think you'll find that like does indeed cure like. ;)

 
At 20/3/09 4:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing it wrong. You could have used alcohol instead of water to dilute the J├Ągermeister, that would have worked just fine.

 
At 20/3/09 7:22 am, Blogger Heathen Mike said...

Trebetheric: That's a damn fine experiment there. One worthy of Jacques Beneviste himself!

Anon: You know, you're right. I'd always be doing something wrong. I mean, besides the obvious :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home