The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Monday, June 08, 2009

Oprah = Weak

Seriously, she gets her ass kicked in Newsweek and in the Toronto Star, then responds by saying...this?
For 23 years, my show has presented thousands of topics that reflect the human experience, including doctors' medical advice and personal health stories that have prompted conversations between our audience members and their health care providers. I trust the viewers, and I know that they are smart and discerning enough to seek out medical opinions to determine what may be best for them.
Jesus christ, that's a horrible thing to say. Shun your responsibility as the head of an Empire that millions of people listen to by basically saying, "hey, come on...I've been doing this for a long time...people are smart, they'll talk to their doctors..." You want to hear a sample "conversation" between an Oprah viewer who listened to "doctor's medical advice" on her show, and a GP? Sure:

Viewer: So I saw on Oprah that vaccines cause autism - I'm not going to give my child those vaccines.

General Practitioner: There is not one ounce of evidence that vaccines are harmful. I'd urge you to look into it and I have some great information here if you...

Viewer: No, no, my mind is made up. Please respect my wishes and DO NOT give my child any vaccines.


Once most Opraholics hear about Jenny McCarthy's goddamn "mommy instinct" or about how "The Secret" can cure your cancer, or how Suzanne Somers' stupid vagina injections can stop aging, they're in it. It's terrible that Winfrey passes the buck like that when she has a chance to turn herself around, but she's obviously not concerned with that when there's just so darn much money to be made! No wonder she gets along so well with Deepak "I left real medicine for quackery 'cause my shoes didn't contain enough crocodile skin" Chopra.

Oprah sucks.

0 Barbaric Yawps:

Post a Comment

<< Home