The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Contrary to the Retards on the CBC News Homepage....

Recently, the CBC's news page put up a headline and article stating that if you got the seasonal flu vaccine, you may be more at risk for the novel 2009 AH1N1 strain. This was an article about an unpublished, un-peer-reviewed, never repeated or seen anywhere else study that freaked the shit out of people. Now a lot of people are re-thinking getting any vaccine.

I'm curious how long it'll take before the CBC (or any Canadian news organization) will talk about this study out of Mexico that has been published in the British Medical Journal stating that getting the seasonal flu shot may just give people some protection against swine flu. I'm guessing a while. I hope I'm wrong and I can post an editorial update tomorrow, but I'm reading a good book at the moment and I don't see that being interrupted.

(h/t to Dr. Mark Crislip over at Science Based Medicine, although he was a tad on the snarky side. Bastard.)

1 Barbaric Yawps:

At 21/10/09 11:50 pm, Blogger King Aardvark said...

I've been wondering about those newspaper articles. It kind of seemed counterintuitive that a vaccine would increase your chance of getting a different illness. I really should read more about it, but I'm just going to get whatever the nurse gives me when my office has it's flu shot day anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home