The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Lawrence Krauss

If you have an hour (and you know you do) to watch a great talk, go and check this out. Lawrence Krauss discusses the origins of the universe and how, yes, it could have come from nothing and very likely did. Take that, religious, "why is there something rather than nothing" people.

A super-interesting talk about theoretical physics by a tremendous teacher - I can't wait to get his book on Feynman.

(h/t to The Good Atheist)

5 Barbaric Yawps:

At 28/10/09 1:33 am, Blogger Fall Garlic said...

That was great. Thanks for the link. He definitely had the goods and I thought he did a pretty good job of not lambasting religion to overtly. He really stuck to the science and that was really really cool.

 
At 28/10/09 7:33 am, Blogger Heathen Mike said...

Yeah, Krauss is a really good science educator. I very much enjoyed the talk and the hour went by quite quickly.

What are the kids going as for Halloween?

 
At 29/10/09 9:35 am, Blogger hans said...

I was there (I contributed to the laughter), but didn't remember any of it -- until I realized that I didn't come in until about 15' into it. It's good to see it again.

 
At 29/10/09 11:06 am, Blogger CeilingNinja said...

Brilliant talk. Thank you for the link. I am a former-Christian-turned-Atheist solely because of intelligent conversations and talks such as this guy did. Glad I found your blog.

 
At 29/10/09 12:57 pm, Blogger Heathen Mike said...

Thanks, guys (I assume :) ) Glad to have you both here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home