The Lower Quote, As If You Didn't Know, Is By Richard Dawkins, Son.

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Didn't I *Just* Write About This?

Via Scott Gavura (aka @pharmacistscott on the Twitters) we get this article about Pretty River Academy in Collingwood, Ont. which replaced their wifi with ethernet over the summer. Principal Roberta Murray-Hirst said, "We like to be proactive and obviously safety is always a concern..." Yes, proactive. Buzzwords and the like and such. New paradigms. As Meyer, a writer for Krusty the Klown, said:
Excuse me, but "proactive" and "paradigm"? Aren't these just buzzwords that dumb people use to sound important? Not that I'm accusing you of anything like that....I'm fired, aren't I?
The sensible reason for replacing wifi would be this, quoted from the article: "...the new hard-wired Internet system is actually faster than their previous system and gives teachers control over when students can go online." See, control when the students go online. Great. But saying that it's a danger is, well, I'll let commenter "SteveinToronto" say it:
I can see cutting the wi-fi to prevent kids from accessing the internet and cheating - however to say their cutting it due to safety concerns is crazy.
You can read my previous post for more information on wifi, the WHO, and safety.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Barbaric Yawps:

Post a Comment

<< Home